Friday 22 February 2013

The Eternity Code

Hello, fellow book-devourers!
Artemis returns to us in the third book of the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. Artemis, being the far-too clever child he is has created an amazing little electronic device that is pretty much all your current ones put together. Personal computer, mobile phone, mp3 player, as well as all those necessary 'optional extras' such as satellite tracking, hacking and instant download from any device whether DVD, phone or cables in a building. This C Cube, as it's called, is a hybrid from the Fairy technology he stole some years ago mixed with a little bit of his own work. Artemis calls a business executive so he can make money. However, the C Cube is stolen and Butler is injured. It's vital to get the C Cube back, otherwise the Lower Elements will be exposed, but how can he do that without Butler?

I liked it. When I read about what happened to Butler, I was all 'no, not Butler!' I'm glad Artemis managed to do what he did, but I wish it had been done later in the book, so the suspense over Butler was drawn out a little longer. But hey, maybe for the age group this book is aimed at, it was too long. I did like the inclusion of Juliet though. I'm looking forward to see where she goes.

3.8 stars

Many witty ripostes,
Astarte

No comments:

Post a Comment